Building an Inclusive Culture
Understanding the Impact of our Culture Values and Beliefs
It is one thing to hire and bring people of different backgrounds together and another to have the ability for them to work together with minimal conflict. Because of the myriad of cultural and other differences that are within the workforce; there must be a focus within the organization on embracing the concepts of cultural competence to achieve business outcomes and have a competitive edge in the recruitment of top diverse talent.
With a goal of sharing cultural competence concepts, in this session, Alvin will discuss the following objectives:
- The importance and value of focusing on diversity and inclusion within your organization and what is the difference between them
- Recognizing the Importance of identifying different cultural values and beliefs
- What is cultural competence and what are its related behaviors and impact when interacting with persons different than themselves
- How to identify and minimize cultural conflict
Alvin's presentation will be upbeat and transparent, but non-threatening. He will use a combination of some lecture as well the use of brief exercise throughout to reinforce session objectives.
As a presenter/trainer, Alvin brings his 30+ years of Affirmative/EO/ Diversity training experience with over 16+ years of diversity practitioner experience. He has built CFI’s diversity and inclusion strategies and programs from scratch. He can share the value of our successes as well as current and past difficulties that we have encountered using real life scenarios to bring to the participants the theoretical as well as the practical concepts. Follow this link to view Alvin's full bio.
This session is pending for SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and HRCI re-certification credits.
Members are asked to print their own business card size name tags to bring to the event. Members may visit their profiles to print personalized name tags. A link to your profile will be provided in your confirmation email. We will have blank name tags for Guests.
Do you want to receive member pricing for this event?
Be sure to join SRKA as a member or renew your prior membership BEFORE you register. If you have been a member in the past and your membership has lapsed or your are registering as a guest, you'll save $15 on this meeting by joining or renewing your membership first and then registering for this event as a Member. Memberships and renewals for lapsed members are generally processed within 24 hours.
Would you like to attend for Free? Refer an HR friend or colleague to SRKA. If they join and list you as a referral on their application, you will receive 2 free meetings! We will send you a special coupon code to enter when registering for your next meeting.
When you visit our site: www.srka.org you will click on log-in. Your USER ID is your email address. Click on FORGOT PASSWORD to reset your password. Everyone (members and non-members) will need to do this the first time. A link will be sent to set/reset your password.
If you have any issues joining or renewing on-line, please contact Holly Marita.
- Please note that memberships and event registrations are for individuals and are not refundable or transferable. Please do not send a friend or colleague in your place.
- We appreciate the courtesy of being notified if your plans change and you are unable to attend. Refunds or credits will not be issued in the event of a cancellation.
- Once on-line registration closes, last minute requests to attend depend on availability. Any approved last minute requests must be paid by credit card prior to the event.
- SRKA may take photos at our events to be used on social media and other promotional materials.
- By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the terms above.