What the HECK is going on with Compensation?!?
We welcome Rena Somersan back to SRKA. She has presented to our group in the past and has also spoken at the WISHRM Conference.
The presentation includes the backdrop of how to talk about these aspects of compensation:
- Inflation and pay increases
- Competition for talent
- How to ensure you’re paying competitively with the market
- Utilizing ALL the tools in the Total Rewards arena to attract, motivate and retain employees
- What might a recession look like in terms of pay practices
Participants will walk away with knowledge and tools to implement in their workplaces regarding compensation strategies to address challenges in today's workplaces.
Rena Somersan is a Managing Principal with Newport’s Compensation Consulting team. She has over twenty-five years of consulting and industry experience assisting clients in executing their strategic human resources and compensation initiatives. Rena is often invited to speak at conferences in the areas of her focus which has been in workforce and executive compensation, performance management initiatives, talent motivation and retention. She has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and an MBA from Koc University in Istanbul, Turkey, where she lived and worked for 13 years after working in Japan for 3 years.
This session is pending for SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and HRCI re-certification credits.
This is our first meeting where Members are asked to print their own business card size name tags to bring to the event. Members may visit their profiles to print personalized name tags. A link to your profile will be provided in your confirmation email. We will have blank name tags for Guests.
Do you want to receive member pricing for this event?
Be sure to join SRKA as a member or renew your prior membership BEFORE you register. If you have been a member in the past and your membership has lapsed or your are registering as a guest, you'll save $15 on this meeting by joining or renewing your membership first and then registering for this event as a Member. Memberships and renewals for lapsed members are generally processed within 24 hours.
Would you like to attend for Free? Refer an HR friend or colleague to SRKA. If they join and list you as a referral on their application, you will receive 2 free meetings! We will send you a special coupon code to enter when registering for your next meeting.
When you visit our site: www.srka.org you will click on log-in. Your USER ID is your email address. Click on FORGOT PASSWORD to reset your password. Everyone (members and non-members) will need to do this the first time. A link will be sent to set/reset your password.
If you have any issues joining or renewing on-line, please contact Holly Marita.
- Please note that memberships and event registrations are for individuals and are not refundable or transferable. Please do not send a friend or colleague in your place.
- We appreciate the courtesy of being notified if your plans change and you are unable to attend. Refunds or credits will not be issued in the event of a cancellation.
- Once on-line registration closes, last minute requests to attend depend on availability. Any approved last minute requests must be paid by credit card prior to the event.
- SRKA may take photos at our events to be used on social media and other promotional materials.
- By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the terms above.