Human Resources and Project Management: An Evolving Trend
All HR professionals participate in projects of one kind or another, from hiring and training executive teams, establishing new hybrid work process, or implementing a new HCM system. These critical HR initiatives require effective human resources project management that involves coordinating many different stakeholders to reach a common goal.
In this session, we will look at why project management is important for human resources professionals. Specifically, we will:
- Examine how the evolving nature of HR increases the need for project management skills.
- Identify leadership skills that are necessary to be an effective Human Resources Project Manager.
- Examine Project Management and HR career advancement.
Dr. Sheronda Glass has been the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside since June of 2016. As assistant vice chancellor, she is responsible for guiding and directing the human resources function for the organization. She is a human resources executive with over 25 years of experience having worked in a variety of industries, including healthcare, consumer products/manufacturing, and most recently, K-12 education. She has extensive experience in the areas of conflict resolution, performance management, labor relations, and diversity management. She has also worked as a consultant for over six years, consulting in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. She is a certified trainer/facilitator in the areas of conflict resolution, cultural and emotional intelligence, performance management, and unconscious bias. She has received recognition for her work in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
Sheronda received her Ph.D. in Organizational Management and Human Resources from Capella University. She has taught human resources courses at UW-Parkside, including Performance Management, Staffing Organization, and currently teaches Essential Skills for Project Management and Introduction to Human Resources Management. She has also achieved the Professional in Human Resources certification awarded from the Society for Human Resources Management and the HR Certification Institute. She is a facilitator for the prep course for SHRM professional certifications and SHRM Essentials for non-HR managers. She is also the recipient of the 2018 Milwaukee Business Journal HR Award and the UW System 2019 Outstanding Women of Color in Education Award.
This session is approved for SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and HRCI re-certification credits.
Do you want to receive member pricing for this event?
Be sure to join SRKA as a member or renew your prior membership BEFORE you register. If you have been a member in the past and your membership has lapsed, you'll save $15 on this meeting by renewing your membership first and then registering for this event as a Member. Memberships and renewals for lapsed members are generally processed within 24 hours.
Would you like to attend for Free? Refer an HR friend or colleague to SRKA. If they join and list you as a referral on their application, you will receive 2 free meetings! We will send you a special coupon code to enter when registering for your next meeting.
When you visit our site: www.srka.org you will click on log-in. Your USER ID is your email address. Click on FORGOT PASSWORD to reset your password. Everyone (members and non-members) will need to do this the first time. A link will be sent to set/reset your password.
If you have any issues joining or renewing on-line, please contact Holly Marita.
- Memberships and event registrations are for individuals and are not refundable or transferable. Please do not send a friend or colleague in your place.
- We appreciate the courtesy of being notified if your plans change and you are unable to attend. Refunds or credits will not be issued in the event of a cancellation.
- Once on-line registration closes, last minute requests to attend depend on availability. Any approved last minute requests must be paid by credit card prior to the event.
- SRKA may take photos at our events to be used on social media and other promotional materials.
- By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the terms above.