Presented by Jeff Kortes
Based on his book Employee Retention Fundamentals…No Nonsense Strategies to Retain Your Best People, Jeff provides insight into the thoughts and reasoning of employees who decide or are contemplating leaving their jobs in various organizations. Through humorous, real-life stories and interactive participation, Jeff has created a program that helps organizations discover ways to gain a competitive edge when trying to retain talent to compete in the marketplace. Interactive participation techniques include:
· Having volunteer participants read the real-life comments.
· Asking the audience group questions using the “call and response” technique.
· Having audience members pair up and discuss with a partner they do not know and share an idea they have learned that will use when they return to their organizations. This is done at the midpoint of the program to break up the program.
· Asking for three volunteers at the end of the program to tell the audience what they will do differently as a result of the program.
As a “headhunter,” Jeff gives you an eye opening glimpse into what motivates solid performers to consider leaving their employers and what gets them thinking that “the grass is greener” on the other side of the fence.
Attendees will hear real life comments that employees will never admit in an exit interview with human resources or tell their boss. This information will provide unique insight as to why solid performers leave an organization. The comments will enlighten participants so they can take a critical look at the employee retention process in their organizations both strategically and tactically.
- Understand reasons that solid performers leave an organization AND be able to act on those reasons to increase retention.
- Begin developing a strategic roadmap of activities that can be implemented to drive employee retention.
- Identify gaps in your strategic retention plan.
- Build retention into the key metrics of the organization so retention becomes a competitive advantage.
- Understand key retention factors that are important to different generations.
Mr. Kortes is the founder of Human Asset Management LLC, a human resource consulting practice specializing in talent acquisition, retention, training and development, employee engagement and development of high performance work cultures. He is a skilled facilitator and trainer who energizes participants.Mr. Kortes has 25 years experience in human resources and labor relations. Mr. Kortes’ exposure to both public and private sector organizations has been obtained while functioning in construction, manufacturing, municipal government, and high tech environments. He has held human resources leadership positions at Wigwam Mills, Inc., SPX, Midas International, ConAgra, Inc., Quaker Oats, Camtronics Medical Systems, and the City of Franklin, Wisconsin.
This session will be approved for SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and HRCI recertification credits.
Our Annual Sponsor is:
OCTOBER IS OUR MEMBERSHIP MONTH - JOIN OR RENEW ON OUR NEW WEBSITE IN OCTOBER TO SAVE:
Join or renew on our new website during the month of October and save $10 on regular and student memberships and $20 on premium memberships. Pricing is reflected on the website and will increase on November 1st.
Please note: all members were transferred to our new site as Professional Members. Please be sure to choose the proper membership type for your status as an HR Professional.
When you visit our site: srka.org you will click on log-in. Your USER ID is your email address. Click on FORGOT PASSWORD to reset your password. Everyone (members and non-members) will need to do this the first time. A link will be sent to set/reset your password.
This is the first time we are using our new site for a paid event registration. There could be unforeseen issues and we ask for your patience as we work through them. If you have any issues registering for a meeting or paying for membership on-line, please contact Jane Kurylo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-217-6700.